Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much notice do you need for my move?
A: Please advise us of your removal date as soon as possible so that the van(s) and staff can be reserved, especially if moving on a Friday or Saturday, as these tend to be the busiest days of the week.
Q: What payment types do you accept?
A: Payment is accepted by cash or cheque and is payable on completion of your move. The price given in the quotation is a fully inclusive price, there are no hidden charges.
Q: I have large items of furniture such as wardrobes and my double bed - can you take dismantle these before the move?
A: Our professionally trained staff come fully prepared with tools. We can disconnect washing machines and cookers, and we can also take apart any beds or wardrobes (if possible) on the day.
Q: How will my furniture be protected during the move?
A: All your wooden furniture and appliances will be covered using our specially made padded blankets. All your upholstery goods will be fully covered from the moment they leave your house.
Q: How should I pack my items to make sure they are ready to move?
A: If you are packing your items yourself (rather than using our packing service) please find below a few hints and tips to help -
- Bedding and clothes can usually be left in drawers etc. These should be left unlocked if the piece of furniture is heavy or cumbersome. If drawers are full of heavy items (e.g. paper work or breakables) please pack into boxes
- Please ensure all boxes are packed tightly, and clearly mark all fragile boxes (particularly important with storage jobs)
- Do not put any fragile or breakable items in plastic bags
- Decide beforehand which room your furniture and boxeswill go in your new home, and markthem accordingly
- Defrost the fridge/freezer. Use freezer boxes or bags to transport frozen food, these bags are available from freezer centres. If moving with a freezer full of food, turn it up a day before the move to ensure everything stays cold longer when you unplug it
- On the day, pack one box with a kettle, tea bags, mugs, coffee, milk, snacks, matches, kitchen roll, can opener, sharp knife, cutlery, plates, screwdriver, hammer, candles, plugs, fuses, toilet rolls and light bulbs. Keep this box with you, along with important documents, telephone numbers, cash and valuables and the keys to your new home